I don’t watch news that often, but I did see some today and it is sad to see some of the things that are going on in the world and the pain and the hurt that is out there. I really do feel bad for those that are suffering. But there is a reason that I rarely watch the news. Most of the news is based on spreading fear and the horrible stories always overshadow all the good stories that could be told. Watching all of that can be a real energy drain. In fact I have friend who calls NEWS by the acronym Negative Energy Without Substance. Instead of Negative Energy I believe we need to have much more positive energy as that will help spread joy and change in the world.
Be The Change!
Rather than just lamenting about how terrible things are you can be the change. And it can be easier than you think! Spreading positive energy can be just as simple as sharing a smile. But here are 15 ideas that you can use today to make the world around you a better place… and the side benefit you will receive far more positive energy back than you ever give out!
- Be grateful… tell someone thank you for the little things, and really mean it.
- Offer to pick up groceries for an elderly or housebound neighbor.
- Pay the toll of the driver behind you.
- Write a letter to a child in your life and send it via the post office (kids love to get letters!)
- Say “I Love You” to someone you love (This should be super easy)
- Put a coin in an expired parking meter
- Bring a co-worker a cup of coffee
- Help a parent pushing a stroller by holding a door open so that they can get through.
- Give up your seat in a crowded train or bus to someone who is elderly, pregnant, or disabled
- Send a gift to a friend… just because